|Adv. Kumkum Sirpurkar, Formar President, High Court Bar Association, Nagpur, delivering the key-note address at the inaugural session of the Seminar.
||Dr. Pankaj Chande, Hon’ble Vice Chancellor, Kavi Kulguru Kalidas Sanskrit Vidyapeeth, Ramtek, delivering the valedictory address at the valedictory session of the Seminar.|
Two-day Golden Jubilee UGC National Seminar on Human Rights Education for High School and Junior College Teachers organized by the Institute on 27-28 February 2007 was inaugurated by Adv (Mrs) Kumkum Sirpurkar, Former President, High Court Bar Association, Nagpur. Dr Shridhar Salunke, Dy Director of Education, Nagpur Division, presided over the function while Dr Sneha Deshpande, Treasurer, MSS, Nagpur was the guest of honour.
The following papers were presented during the seminar :
1. Adv. Prashant Sathianathan: History and conceptual Framework of Human Rights.
2. Adv. Ganesh Sovoni : Human Rights and Law.
3. Shri. Shyam Pandharipande; Human Rights and Media.
4. Dr. John Menachery: Child Rights in India in the Context of Schools : Need for Policies and Protocols for Child Rights Protection.
5. Dr. Sumita Konbattunwar: Field Experiences in Child Rights.
6. Dr. V.V.Devasia: Concept of Human Right Education.
7. Mrs. Geetha Thachil: Content of HRE in Educational Institution.
8. Prof. Hema Menon: Role of Teacher as HR Educator. The Valedictory session of the seminar was held on 28 Feb 2007. The Chief Guest was Dr Pankaj Chande, Vice Chancellor, Kavi Kulguru Kalidas Sanskrit Vidyapeeth, Ramtek. The Guest of Honour was Dr A P Pillai, Principal & Director, Sardar Patel National Academy for Legal Studies and Research, Chandrapur. Dr Shilpa Puranik and Mrs Rashmi Babhulkar functioned as the Seminar Coordinators