Two-day Golden Jubilee UGC National Seminar on Awareness Creation for Prevention of HIV-AIDS with special reference to College Students organized by the Institute on 9-10 March 2007 was inaugurated by Adv Prashant Sathianathan, President, District Bar Association, Nagpur. Dr V V Devasia presided over. Dr (Major) Milind Bhrushundi, Consultant, HIV Medicine, Nagpur was the guest of honour.
The following persons presented papers during the seminar :
1) Dr. Anand Saoji, Practicing Psychiatrist.
2) Ms. Amruta Joshi, Bharatiya Aadim Jati Sevak Sangh.
3) Dr. Sphurti Katarni, Reader, MSSISW.
4) Mrs. Ratna Borkar, Faculty, MSSISW.
5) Dr. V.R.Khedikar, Epidemiologist, Public Health Deptt.
6) Dr. V,V,Devasia, Principal, MSSISW.
7) Ms. Rekha Dandekar, Senior Lecturer, MSSISW.
8) Ms. Ashwini Girhe,Government Medical College and Hospital, Nagpur
9) Ms. Purnima Katnas, Faculty, MSSISW.
10) Mr. Manish Awasthi, Reporter, Aaj Tak.
The Valedictory Session was held on the 10th of March 07. The Chief Guest was Haji Anees Ahmed, Hon. Minister, Animal Husbandry Dairy Devpt. Fisheries & Wakf, Govt of Maharashtra. Dr Lata Deshmukh, Secretary, Matru Sewa Sangh, Nagpur, presided over while Dr Sneha Deshpande, Treasurer, Matru Sewa Sangh, Nagpur, was the Guest of Honour.
Dr (Mrs) Seema Lobo and Mrs Mary Sathianathan functioned as the Seminar Coordinators.